“Why does experience matter in real estate?” In the latest episode of the Top of Mind podcast with Mike Simonsen, our Co-founders, Becky Babcock and Brad Nix, were invited to discuss why hiring a professional makes all the difference in your real estate journey.
In this episode, Becky and Brad dive deeper into the Path & Post core values and what sets our team of specialists apart from average agents, share advice for buying and selling in today’s market, and discuss predictions for the future of real estate. Click below to watch the entire interview.
Watch on YouTube
Listen on Apple Podcasts
Listen on Spotify Podcast
Below are timestamps to make it easy for you to jump to the exact moment you’re most interested in hearing more about. You can also click here to read the entire transcript of the interview.
- 4:48 — How specialization in real estate makes for a better user experience and creates strategic guides who understand the market, buyer and seller needs, and are available when the buyers need them.
- 7:00 — Becky shares that Path & Post has the highest rate of production in Cherokee County and why clients love working with the team
- 7:50 — Hear Brad talk about the future of Path & Post and how they’re actively looking for experienced agents to help enrich more life transitions
- 8:43 — Brad shares more about the difference between a professional and an amateur in real estate
- 10:50 — Brad shares the breakdown and difference between prospecting and nurturing in real estate
- 11:50 — Learn about the tools and technology Path & Post uses to reach customers
- 13:19 — How the pandemic changed (for the better) for the Path & Post team
- 16:55 — Learn more about the Path & Post Core Rug Values of Respect, Unity, and Golden Rule+
- 19:00 — What Brad & Becky are seeing in the Atlanta real estate market, and how they’re responding to buyer & seller questions
- 22:30 — How having the right guide can help ensure wins in this kind of real estate market
- 25:00 — Learn more about some of the strategies Path & Post agents use to help their clients win
- 25:55 — Becky’s advice for sellers in the current market
- 27:00 — Brad shares more about the growth in Atlanta’s market and what to expect
- 30:00 — Becky shares insights and predictions for the next 10-20 years, and where Atlanta’s market and economy ranks in the country
- 32:00 – Brad shares some of the shifts of the last 24 months that were shocking or surprising for their team
- 36:20 — Brad talks about Ibuyers and the force of change they’re projecting onto the real estate industry
- 38:15 — Becky talks about the impact from Zillow Offers changes in the industry
- 39:45 — Becky shares more about the vision for the team, and what 2022 looks like for their growth
- 41:58 — Brad talks about the new first-time homebuyer experience and how it differs from last year and previous years
- 44:00 — Brad answers Mike’s question about new construction and the estimated timeline on permitting and development in the North Atlanta area
- 46:00 — Brad explains his prediction that there will be fewer agents in the future, and why consumers should demand a true professional guide
- 49:20 — Mike asks about average number of transactions per agent, and if Brad and Becky predict that to change in the future
Thanks again to Mike Simonsen for having Brad and Becky on the podcast! We’re always learning and love to have conversations with other leading real estate professionals across the country and share best practices with them.
The Top of Mind podcast is hosted by Mike Simonsen, CEO of Altos Research, the platform we use to bring useful data and insight to specific housing markets of North Metro Atlanta. Altos Research also serves the largest Wall Street investment firms, banks, and tens of thousands of real estate professionals around the country. Mike’s insights on the market have been featured in Forbes, New York Times, Bloomberg, Dallas Morning News, Seattle PI, and many other national media outlets.