Today, many of our real estate conversations center on housing prices and where they may be headed. That is why we like the Home Price Expectation Survey.
Every quarter, Pulsenomics surveys a nationwide panel of over one hundred economists, real estate experts and investment & market strategists about where prices are headed over the next five years. They then average the projections of all 100+ experts into a single number.
Summary Takeaways of the latest Home Price Expectation Survey
- Home values will appreciate by 4.3% in 2015.
- The cumulative appreciation will be 19.4% by 2019.
- That means the average annual appreciation will be 3.6% over the next 5 years.
- Even the experts making up the most bearish quartile of the survey still are projecting a cumulative appreciation of 11.8% by 2019.
Individual opinions make headlines. We believe the survey is a fairer depiction of future values.
What does this mean for you today?
- Buy soon as possible if you plan to purchase a home in the next 5 years, prices are set to rise
- Sell when inventory is low (like now) to maximize your return and shorten time on market