Every year at this time, homeowners often question if they want to have the hassle of keeping their home ready for showings over the holidays. We always answer YES – it is worth the effort!
Here are six great reasons not to wait to sell your home until after the holidays:
1. Buyers who look over the holidays are often more serious than any other time of year and are ready to buy.
2. Relocation buyers are out there. Companies are not concerned with holiday time and if the buyers have kids, they want them to get into school after the holidays.
3. You can restrict the showings on your home to the times you want it shown. You will remain in control.
4. Homes show better when decorated for the holidays – as long as it’s not over done, creating a lot of clutter.
5. There is less competition for you as a seller during the holidays.
6. The supply of listings begins to increase substantially after the holidays.
Although showings naturally slow over the winter months and the holidays, the activity comes from buyers who are generally ready to buy, not just window shopping.
Waiting until after the holidays to sell your home probably doesn’t make sense.